Home Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to sort out some home insurance... who do you use for yours and have you had any experience making claims in the past?

What were they like in dealing with that.

Just conscious of some of these firms tendency to try and do anything to wriggle out of coughing up for things when it actually comes to making a claim.

Some are very good at taking your money but not too hot at giving yu some back when it's needed.

Sponsored Links
Thankfully never had to use anyone but I always go with the big boys as they are often really good at customer care

Read the reviews on Trustpilot etc under claims - yes, you will get negatives but then compare with others.

Bigs boys imo, Avia, lv, directline I think don't outsource where others do.

Thanks

I’m with Aviva for house and car.
I had a motor claim with them about 15 years ago. I had an accident on a Wednesday morning, the car was a write off. The settlement cheque came through my door on the Friday morning.
When I phone them, I get a UK based call centre which is very important to me.

I’m with Aviva for house and car.
I had a motor claim with them about 15 years ago. I had an accident on a Wednesday morning, the car was a write off. The settlement cheque came through my door on the Friday morning.
When I phone them, I get a UK based call centre which is very important to me.

Yeah I agree, service is everything with these things because in general whenever you need to call them it's usually at some of our most stressful times. The last thing you need is someone on the other end who both doesn't give s**t and can barely understand you.

Sponsored Links
I found LV pretty good, not made a home insurance claim, but claimed on cars and very good experience

Back