Homebase Retractive dimmer switch problems!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I'm at my wits end with these amazingly stupid switches!! I have worked out the way to wire them and have had that confirmed by two experts but my problem lies with the Momentary Action Retractive press switch in a two way installation.

I have the electronic dimmer switch working perfectly but the retractive switch doesn't work!! I have checked the retractive switches are working correctly and they appear to be fine but just don't seem to do anything to the operation of the light!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
How are they wired? How are they connected to the dimmer? Can you upload some pics?

Hi, these are the basics!!

Live feed to L on dimmer and com on retractive switch
wire inbetween RS (dimmer) and L1 (retractive)
wire to light unit from SW/Live on dimmer
N feed straight to light unit

It is using a normal 60w bulb not fluorescent or low voltage

The switches are from GET if that helps.

Will try and find a link a attach a diagram asap!

Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored Links
Thanks to everyone who has looked at this and has tried to solve the problem but it is now working exactly as it should be!!

Faulty dimmer switch!!

If anyone else needs any advice on fitting these Homebase/GET dimmer switches, I now consider myself fully self trained so can hopefully answer any questions you may have!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back