Homebuyer Report - Condensation in Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon everyone!

I am a first time buyer and just received the home-buyer report, and there is a section in it that makes me a little worried. To paraphrase, the felt in the area above the recently refitted bathroom is ripped. There is no dampness present at the time of the survey, but there is evidence of condensation or possible leakage from above.

The problem looks to be associated with the soil and vent pipe, that was left from the previous bathroom fitting and has not been sealed, but serves no purpose in the new bathroom. it may be that water is leaking past here. There is no mechanical extractor fan.

The rest of the roof appears to have no issues with condensation.

Has anyone out there got any advice on whether this could be a serious issue or not? I would be willing to get a survey done on the roof and loft space if required, but obviously would rather not if we just need to fit an extractor fan or similar.

Many Thanks in advance!

Matt

Sponsored Links
It's common both to have felt ripped at that location, and to have condensation in the loft.

Unless there is any actual brown stains from a leak on the ceiling, then it's nothing to be concerned about. And if it was leaking, you'd certainly know about it.

Whether you use it as a lever for a discount though, is up to you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back