Homeserve boiler problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
And you think that by reading this forum that Main is more popular than Vokera ? , I must be reading a different forum.
Who said Main is more popular?
You guys suggested it was more reliable than vokera. Anyway decision made. What the point of dissing Main now??
It's a budget make but does the job without too many problems.
Any children on here it's way past your bedtime guys.

Sponsored Links
Same old story , you ask for advice , and when the advice is not what you want to hear then the dummy is spat out, no one is slagging main or any other manufacturer, you however feel the need to slag off Vokera, think that you will find that experienced gas engineers seldom slag off boiler manufacturers on this forum, there are a few whos credibility is questionable, we all have our own opinions but the decent engineers would not post that opinion in an open forum, we have our own playground for that

Which filter is that? How much will that cost?

A magnet type filter, readily available in most good Plumbers' Merchants. While not brilliant at keeping your boiler's guts clean, it'll help.

I think you'll find the more decerning engineers stated that there's pros & cons with every boiler, how it's fitted & commissioned can make a world of difference. I'd just ensure that your system is as clean as Nun's knickers also.
Happy to help!!

Afraid that a few Manufacturers going down that road, personally I think it is terrible , unfortunately though most will follow the same suit

That refers to taking a deposit before sending out an engineer under the warranty.

I used to do warranty calls for a manufacturer. It was very sad for me to see so many poor quality installations where the installer had made no attempt to clean the system.

One had fitted a magnetic filter and there was so much system dirt that the filter was completely blocked after two weeks.

With so many poor quality installers around it is not surprising that manufacturers need to take a deposit.

I used to do warranty calls for a manufacturer. It was very sad for me to see so many poor quality installations where the installer had made no attempt to clean the system.
which manu tony ?

Think Tony is semi retired on the pension,

A very knowledgeable person in his own field.

Without tony this forum would be carp,at least Tony has actually done the job and does not rely on search engines to cut and paste incorrect replies. could name a few that do here,we all know them.

Maybe Tony was a biasi contractor,good idea as plenty of them around London.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back