Honda civic s 2002 blowers not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was a muppet car being my first and booked it in for air con service because my air con not working, only for guy in garage to say ain't air con its the blowers which are different thing. They recommend that i see a electrician who chargers 45quid a hour. Now for details. Cars air con does need regasing and what not but was advised the blowers motor is fine and has power but its something else that has a fault thats stopping it from working. Thing i want to ask is a easy was to determine what the fault is, how i fix it or how much i am looking at getting it fixed, As i said is my first car and only been driving for 8 month so i basically know naff all so try keep it basic. cheers

Sponsored Links
The air con will only work if the blower fan is on - at any setting. Also the temperature control should be set on fully cold.
If the gas pressure is low, the air compressor won't cut in either.
So.....does the blower fan actually work? If you can hear it working but the output is low, treat it to a new cabin filter.
John :)

yeah understand point now air con aint going to do anything without blowers, but no sound from blower motor, but when it went into garage they said did basic tests and said motor is fine but they didnt go in depth on testing which leaves me fregging clueless and not paying to go round houses on ifs and buts and dunnos.

Sponsored Links
basically no air from blowers at all. no hot or cold air, so sod the air con for now. just want blowers to power up to give me heat.

Ok, the fact is, blower motors are pretty tough, but the electrical resistor (that allows it to run at different speeds) is notorious for failure and I guess that's what the fault is.
I can't see how a garage can tell the motor is ok without actually getting it spinning! Most motors have a separate resistor block but I can't confirm that about your Civic.
John :)

thanks john, gonna take that step into getting a replacement and do it myself other then paying 45quid ph to suss that out. il give you a shout on how i get on. cheers bud great help.

As above and if it is the resistor pack, the motor usually still works in the max speed position?

First , and cheapest, obvious check is the fuse and operating switch.

Sponsored Links
Back