Honda Izy HRG536 21 Inch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys ,

Could someone please offer me some advice about my Honda Izy lawnmower. It starts up then cuts out after about 30 secs. I think it must be getting starved of fuel somehow I recently put in a new carburettor myself so I don't know if this may be related somehow ?

Any advice would be grateful

Cheers
Scott.

Sponsored Links
Take the pipe off coming from the tank to ensure you have fuel flowing without restriction. Petrol vapor is highly flammable so best to do it outside.

Next try to keep it running longer by pulling into the choke (cold start) position on the controls (if fitted) to see can you keep it running. By pulling the choke you just might clear a small blockage by applying the vacuum from the engine to the jets in the carburetor.

Nest its the carb off again and do a clean .....................

Izy's are great spark plug eaters so treat it to a new NGK BPR6ES.
Check that the air filter isn't contaminated with oil (run the machine without it) and after that its float bowl off time to look for dirt above the float needle jet.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back