Honda jazz 2011 1.4 Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got mums car coming for a service this week, mileage is 45000.
Reading about it I was surprised to see it has 8 plugs, which in my mind should be changed about now.
I will use blueprint filters but the plugs look to be well over £100 :eek:
Are 1 set fancy iridium or both?
Any advice or knowledge is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes, these are twin spark engines with 8 plugs and 8 coil packs.....one plug fires fractionally before the other to get a complete burn.
I do believe the plugs are iridium but its well over a year since I worked on a Jazz and I certainly didn't pay anywhere near the ton.....go and visit a motor factor maybe? I don't recall one plug being different from the other.
These are a great car to service and maintain, everything is nicely accessible. Look out for corroded rear discs and rotting exhaust shroud drivers side - they can fall and rattle on the exhaust pipe.
If its an auto, the specification of the oil changed around 2012 - very much worthwhile changing if it hasn't been done.
John :)

Turns out this particular model has the vtec engine which only has 4 plugs. Still a nightmare to change down the back of the engine and £16 each too!
Nice car to service though, spark plugs required removal of windscreen wiper assembly and panels but not too bad a job.

Sponsored Links
I did one of those 8 plug Jazzes about a year ago. I don't remember having to take the wiper motor off. Perhaps mine was a different model. It's quite common to have to take the inlet manifold off to change spark plugs these days though.

The Jazz's I looked after were on an 07 and 09 plate.....no experience with the V tec I'm afraid!
Very easy to service indeed.
John :)

Back