Honey well security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I recently installed a honeywell accenta g4 mini alarm panel, it has 2 door contacts 2 pir's 1 key pad 1 panic button and 1 sounder. I can not get the pir's to work, as the outputs are differnt to what I am used to and i dont know what size reistors to use, PLEASE HELP! also I can not get the panic button to work either! and finaly what cable do I use to connect up the panel comunicator

thanks
matt

Sponsored Links
What outputs?
Why use resistors?
Why does the panic button not work, have you looked?
What are you connecting the comms to? Is it the mini or compact that has no comms outputs?

Care to explain what Pirs your using, why they need resistors.
How the contacts work but nothing else?
Why does the PAB/HUD not work?

I am *( We are) good, but not mind readers.

Ok
i am using an active 8 pet tolerant PIR with outputs that say "EOL" "TAMPER" "RELAY"
And the reason I am asking about resisitors is that i usually install dsc security panels and the pir's on them require a resistor.
Yes I have tried testing the panic button but i do not seem to be getting a response from it.
And I am using the Accenta G4 Mini and it does have a comms input/output.

Ahh DSC, Chubb or Initial engineer are you?

So why not are you understanding wiring without?
Never done a take over?

Tamper is for the global tamper.
Relay is for the zones.
So following the above you should be able to see why the HUD is not working.

And the Pirs do not require a resistor on the DSC the panel does. Hence they go into the detection device.

Really if you can work DSC why is this difficult?

As for comms, use the usual. Alarm cable to the REDCARE/DUALCOM and BT to the..............................

Why are you asking here and not your line manager?

Sponsored Links
I am actually an electrician. I do alarm panels on the side, i have only ever installed dsc panels thats why i only know about the dsc panels. Besides why are you even telling me about what a dsc panel has or doesnt have, im not asking about them i am asking about honeywell equipment.
also i work for my self so i have no line manager as i am my own boss Hence why i am asking on here and not my "line manager"

Ahh, alarms on the side.

Not going into this one too deep but what is wrong with the manual, you can read a circuit diagram?

I have just told you what the tamper and relay are for.
That will explain the HUD issues. That is panic button to you.

So pir or device n/c to zone pair on panel.
Sorted.

What comms are you fitting? You will need at least power and a common negative and a phone line.
Following so far?

Ahh, yeah alarms on the side.

I can read a circuit diagram perfectly fine.

I do relise a HUD is a panic button.

I was mainly asking about the PIR, so thank you on your comments on them I will sort out what I done on monday.

I am not fitting a comms at this moment in time but customer just asked about it and i just needed more info on it.

Well be sure to tell him/her it does not call the Police direct.
SMS is not too clever.
Speech dialler is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back