Honeywell 3 Port Mid Position Valve V4073A 1039

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a problem with my central heating, my fault to start i managed to drill through one of the cables to the junction box, i repaird the cable and now i have no hot water, but i do have ch.
i have tested the 3 port valve and it doesnt seem to be working correctly, ??
i have 240v on the grey wire when just hw is called for and have 240v on grey white and orange when ch called for,
the motor is also very hot.
when i took the motor off it moves but in just one direction.
is this a valve problem or a wireing fault somewhere else
thanks

Sponsored Links
Wiring fault i'd say.
When you drilled this cable what did you do to fix it? Did you change any connections in the programmer or cylinder stat?
Have you compared your system to the diagram on honeywell website?

grey, white, orange willbe live if only heating called for.

if you have live on the grey wire when only hw called for at the programmer that tells me the cyl stats not calling.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies, have narrowed it down to timer not working on hw, tried a friends and his works fine,

The circuit board wiring in some programmers is very fragile and can't take fault currents so you've probably blown apart the HW side.

I did this at a customer's once.....very embarrasing :oops:

Can be repaired if you are adept with a soldering iron but a new programmer is probably a better bet.

i had a problem with my central heating, my fault to start i managed to drill through one of the cables to the junction box, i repaird the cable and now i have no hot water, but i do have ch.
i have tested the 3 port valve and it doesnt seem to be working correctly, ??
i have 240v on the grey wire when just hw is called for and have 240v on grey white and orange when ch called for,
the motor is also very hot.
when i took the motor off it moves but in just one direction.
is this a valve problem or a wireing fault somewhere else
thanks

You should have volts on the grey wire when hot water is NOT required, this signal is required at switch 1 to keep the motor going when room stat in ON position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back