Honeywell 3-way valve defective?

thanks agile..this morning I switched on HW "all day" for about 30 minutes ..no hw to the cylinder but the rads got nice and hot!..nice cos it's cool today. So the "ball" is presumably stuck across and blocking the HW port of the valve...it seems to be making a perfect seal!..As I said moving the lever to manual has no effect..moving the lever does nothing..it's "floppy"/no resistance/no spring felt

Sponsored Links
It may well be that the shaft is seized or the gears jammed.

As long as there is a dimple on the case you can remove the head and inspect it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The teeth get worn on the armature or filled with gunk and the springs cause it to slip on the drive cog - I dismantled a buggered one the other day to show my son how it all works - don't think he was overly impressed as it didn't have a processor or 4K video card :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back