Honeywell 42005748-001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to pick up a mains (UK) permanent feed (will be fused) from inside a Honeywell 42005748-001 junction box.
Please can any member tell me the where I can pick up the feed, the drawing shows terminal feed just below the fuse, but I get 0 voltage read on my Avo
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
phone base charger
What are you connecting to it?

No drawing. Just copy and paste or drag to reply box.
honeywell.jpg

The box being referred to is designed to connect central heating components together.
It is not suitable for anything else, and the terminals inside are designed for a single wire in each terminal only.

If you must have this phone charger in close proximity to this box, then one option after disconnecting the power would be to identify the cable connected to the LNE terminals in the box, remove it, connect that to a socket or whatever other connector you are using for this phone charger, and then add another cable from that to the Honeywell LNE terminals.

Another is to locate where the power for this box originates (typically a fused connection unit) and connect a socket or whatever else there.

A member kindly posted this in the thread, I hope you can get it,
You can see that there is L-N-E socket just under the fuse, I was expecting this to be live and my intention was to put a junction box box on that incoming cable, the incoming(?) cable feed has 4 wires, 2 connected to that terminal block marked mains L(Brown) N(Grey) a third (Black) connected to the SL on the terminal block marked boiler with the earth connected to the N on Terminal marked pump.

I tried probing but cant find 220v

Thanks to all members replies, new at this so struggling a bit to get used to system.

www.upperplumbers.co.uk/PDF/Manuals/Wiring/PCB%20Wiring%20Centre%20Diagram-2011.pd
[
wire.jpg

You can see that there is L-N-E socket just under the fuse,I was expecting this to be live
Yes, but as this is presumably a heating installation, that terminal should be controlled by a switch for isolating the system.
Nevertheless, as you have voltage at the fuse, there must? be voltage at that terminal.

and my intention was to put a junction box box on that incoming cable, the incoming(?)
If it is your intention to wire a socket to that cable, then you don't need a junction box.

cable feed has 4 wires, 2 connected to that terminal block marked mains L(Brown) N(Grey) a third (Black) connected to the SL on the terminal block marked boiler with the earth connected to the N on Terminal marked pump.
I don't think that is how it should be wired so someone could have done anything.

Either way, it would be better if you supplied your charger from somewhere else.

, the incoming(?) cable feed has 4 wires, 2 connected to that terminal block marked mains L(Brown) N(Grey) a third (Black) connected to the SL on the terminal block marked boiler with the earth connected to the N on Terminal marked pump.
None of that makes any sense. The whole point of those is that there is one terminal for each wire - or rather was, as it's a design from the 1980s designed for Y plan systems that no one installs any more.

Is it even being used for a heating system?

Please post a photo of the actual box.

The box is no more than a junction box with a fuse, it is common when a boiler is renewed to leave bits in place, it may be now nothing more that a connection for the thermostat, and could even do nothing. When I moved into this house still with an old oil fired boiler I found a number or items still on the wall but not working, have you still got a motorised valve and a cistern for hot water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back