Honeywell CM907 9.5degree limit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea why the limit is 9.5 degree on this all of a sudden?

please see video:

Sponsored Links
LOL. that's technical. I was just checking to see if even after doing the suggested reset anything fixed itself... but it didn't. guessing its easy enough to get a replacement ?

Are you sure one of the digits on the display is missing ? ….this happened on my unit ( multiple digits ) ….so I swopped it for a hive …

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your 2nd digit is missing, otherwise why would it be calling for heat when set to '9.5'.
press down until it stops changing. That'll be about 5C; then up again, counting as you go...stop at (1)9.0 or (2)0.0, or so.
I have one you can have if you like, but it's no better than yours and is missing the same digit!
It remind me of Hilda Baker in a sitcom from the '70s....'Oooh, I must get a little hand put on this watch' :mrgreen::rolleyes:

Yeah really annoying. So sparkymarka…. The hive, which one did you get?

atm we have LPG, with a
Glowworm Ultracom 30CXI
Then firstly wired Honeywell thermostat connected to that and then one wireless downstairs and then this wireless upstairs which is faulty.

was actually wondering IF I should upgrade to a hive …? But not sure if it’s compatible?

I’ve got a BAXI combi….so it was an easy swop …can’t comment on your set up sorry…

The missing digit will almost certainly be down to the LCD ribbon cable failing to maintain connectivity with the circuit board. Very common on Honeywell's of this era, and often easily fixed by removing the board and softening up the ribbon cable (or rather the adhesive it attaches with) with a hairdryer and applying pressure to reseat it properly.

Edit: They say a picture speaks a thousands words so a cursory search on YouTube reveals a bunch of videos showing how to repair this fault (I don't know if they all use a hairdryer but I suspect they will all be variations on the same theme).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back