Honeywell DT90E Digital Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 4 months ago the room thermostat started to click ON and Off just like a 'Metronome', clicking approx once a second. After pressing all user controls, the only way I could get it to stop clicking was to remove a battery.

I checked the batteries, they were 1.5V each. I changed them for good measure. Again a month later the same happened again. Battery voltage ok. ( I tested them under load and they held 1.47V). I did think the supplied batteries with the stat might be elcheapos?).

Whilst the clicking was going on, I could hear the circulating pump going ON/OFF to suit. Pulling the 5amp plug on the pump did not cause the roomstat clicking.

For good measure I telephone Honeywell to enquire about the fault. Seems they have no records of other customers reporting similar problem.

The clicking started up after a few weeks again.

Anyway, I changed the DT90E for good measure for the same model again. Only to find the problem occured today after nearly 3+ weeks with the replacement.

Has anyone got any idea what the fault might be? I can't get the fault to show itself again but did video it performing it quirk.

Tomorrow I will put in some Duracells for good measure!

Thanks Alan

Sponsored Links
I've had ticking noises from 2 of the same, but just noise, no on-off. In the end I swapped for equivalent Drayton.

Not sure if this should be on the same post so long after the original thread but I have just replaced my dial thermostat with this digital one and I am having exactly the same problem - ie the pump kicking in every 30 mins or so even though the control panel has the heating and hot water turned off. Is there a way to make the thermostat only responsive to the control panel timings?

Sponsored Links
Try changing the parameters ie: cycle rate/min on-off times..

Thank you steelmason I will set the min on-off times to the same as my panel and see if that works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back