Honeywell DT90E Constant Clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

I replaced all my old unipor mechanical thermostats with the Honeywell DT90E's a few months ago.
All was going well until the one in the room that uses the most heat started constantly clicking on off like a clock.
I read on here that if a reset doesn't fix it then the thermostat is knackered and needs replacing. I also reported to Honeywell with the same response.
I bought a replacement and yet again i have the same problem with the replacement thermostat?
All the others are still working fine.
How can i have 2 thermostats in the same room fail, is it the wiring that is the problem or have i just been unlucky with the 2 i have fitted there?
I am considering moving one of the other working stats into that room to see if the same happens. I don't want to keep buying new ones every few months...

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. This has been reported on here before. Click here.

If you have only had the items for a few months then you should take the faulty units back for a refund and buy a different thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back