Honeywell DT90E problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just installed a Honeywell DT90E thermostat today to work alongside my Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi and a Plumb Centre heating controls.

All wired in correctly, but when setting the temp to say 23.5 the actual room temp is displaying 20 without any changes to this temp when the central heating has been running, and it seems as if the boiler is working really hard to provide 23.5 when in reality it is only showing 20

Hope this makes sense and is this normal? or does the thermostat need to be configured at the moment it's all factory set

Sponsored Links
You have to set the parameters by following the instructions.

23.5 is much too hot anyway.

Where is the DT90E located?
Is there a Thermostatic Valve on the nearby radiator?
If so, what number is it set to?

Does the boiler keep going all the time?
What temperature is the boiler set to?

Why set the stat to 23.5C?
If, with the actual temp at 20C, you set it to, say 18C, does the boiler stay off until the temperature has dropped?

Does the boiler stop when you turn the stat right down - what temp?

Does the boiler start when you turn the stat up - what temp?

Hi

Yes I just set it to 23.5 just to get the room heat up quickly so I could see if the thermostat would reflect the change in temp so that I could see that it's working

Yes I set the parameters by using the arrows to select the room temp 23.5 which flashes and then reverts back to the actual temp 20.

Temperature Enquiry - By pressing the down arrow shows the set temp 23.5 which flashes and then returns to actual room temp

On the heating demand indicator only 1 flame was showing not sure if this is normal?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps its as simple as your rad cant get the room any hotter than 20.

Do I need to change any of the parameters in installer mode on the thermostat? or can I just leave it all as default?

It is located in the hallway, and there is no TRV on the radiator nearby

On the boiler the central heating temp control is set to number 6

Turning the stat up wont get the space hotter any quicker.

The stat would be better in the lounge where you can control the living temperature.

ok thanks all, unfortunately the stat can't be moved due to the existing wiring etc

With regard to the installer mode on the thermostat do I need to do anything on here or leave it all to default?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back