Honeywell Electric Comfort Control - Electric Heating Control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just got my first house (1970's) with electric storage heating!
It has three creda storage heaters downstairs and varying creda panel radiators in the bedrooms with a thermostat fitted on the upstairs landing.
There is a 'gold' wall panel (behind the fridge!) that looks like the main controls system, it's badged as Honeywell Electric Comfort Control. I'm not sure if its working or to what level of control it has, but it does have orange LEDS that seem to light up!
I've scoured the 'net for info on it, with no luck.
I'd be grateful if anyone has any experience or knowledge of such a system, and if so, how to set it up. No need to operate it yet, but I'm preparing for the winter!

Attachments

• Honeywell Comfort Control.jpg
    Honeywell Comfort Control.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
That looks very old. They certainly won’t be LEDs. Probably neon.

However, Honeywell is a very old company and, as you have found, product searches are very difficult without more information.

What is needed is a product number. If it’s not on the outside, you may need to remove the cover and look for some sort of ident Inside.

you never know what you’ll find inside those sort of things, I suggest you turn off the main switch on your consumer unit/Fusebox to isolate the power before you go investigating.

Hi BB

I have rung Honeywell and have just sent them your picture to see if they can help.

Storage heaters usually have their own controls, but this looks like a controller that has the heaters split into groups controlled by different timeswitches with on/off switches so you can turn off individual room heaters if you don't need them.

Can you post a picture of what the storage heaters look like (and any controls on them) please?

As I told the Honeywell geezer, I have been in the trade 30 years and that is the first one I have seen.

But others here may be familiar with that system.

Flameport.......??!!

I have just had a email back from Honeywell. He's going to do some research then get back to me tomorrow.

Maybe if he could come up with a set of instructions that would be helpful.

Fingers crossed!

Sponsored Links
Not one I have seen either.
Looks like a basic 24 hour timer with 2x on and 2x off, although the segments labelled High and Low suggests some part of the heaters or some of the heaters would be on all the time, orthers only on the 'high' setting, with the switches underneath determining if that particular heater is on or timed. Right side has the remains of 'AUTO' next to the switch, so possibly up for auto/timed, down for on all the time?

Thanks so much to you All for your responses, I'm away from home just now but will isolate & investigate and get back with any further info. as soon as possible.
I have previous pics of one of the Creda (model 79151) storage heaters attached, they are all the same.
Thanks again
Creda 79151 (1).jpg Creda 79151 (2).jpg

Looks like a bog standard SH.

I have just had a reply from Honeywell. I was hoping for more, but it looks like TTC was bang-on with his advice!

If you get a model number or whatever, post the picture here and I will pass it on to Honeywell. Hopefully they might have some instructions for it.

upload_2021-7-6_16-22-56.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back