Honeywell G2 Battery Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently moved into a new property that has a Honeywell Galaxy 2 installed. From what I can tell this was installed by the previous owner and have never been monitored.

The code I was given for the system appears to be the master code, though it's only 4 digits. I can see that there are a couple of users that have been created that have access with fobs, but not codes. I managed to change this code for my own.

The system keeps telling me there is a fault and displays Bat Mis 0001. From my searches I understand this to mean that the battery needs replacing.

I have purchased a new 12V, 7.0Ah battery from eBay and am ready to try and replace it.

The question I have is about engineers mode. When I enter the code I have, I can select option 48 for Level 3 access. However, I am no prompted to enter a code. I just get the options 0=disabled or 1=enabled.

Does this mean that the code I have is already an engineers code?

How do I know that I can open the alarm case without setting the thing off?

If I do set the alarm off somehow can I turn it off again with the codes I have?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
The code you have is the manager/master code. The menu 48 selection is for the manager to enable the engineer log in. After enabling, you then exit the menu and use the engineer code to log in as engineer.

The manager code will silence any tamper if you open the unit, but you will still need the engineer code to reset the tamper.

I see. So the engineer code will definitely be different. I'll try contacting the previous owners first to see if they know the code. If not I'll probably be in touch.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it cannot be the same. As soon as you enter the engineer menu and exit out, the banner will show 'ENGINEERING MODE' and remain that way until you perform the engineering escape sequence 'eng code' then 'esc'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back