Honeywell G2 zone testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
If I disable bells and then set the system and then activate an intruder zone I gather that only the internal keypad will sound and not the bell box? Is this correct.

However if a zone is programmed as 24 hour or fire (smoke detector) and I test the detector will the same rules apply or does the silent bells only apply to particular zome types?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is the 'disable bells' setting that you mention ? Are you thinking that 51.19 and 51.20 (Bells in part / night set) can disable the output ?

The fire zone is continuiously monitored, so these settings have no impact - trigger the zone and the bell will ring no matter what.

If this is for testing, you're probably best to temporarily change the bell output to 'Not Used'. Remember to set it back again and give a quick test, as it will effectively disable your sounder for everything.

yes that is the setting I was mentioning. I thought that it may be continuously monitored. For the Zone type for the fire detector I assume this is set to FIRE ?

I just wanted to be able to test the detector without annoying the neighbours with both smoke alarm and bell noises!

thanks.

Sponsored Links
From the manual:
---
Menu option 31 allows a selection of zones or a single zone to be put on walk test.
NOTE:
Zones programmed with the following functions remain active during the walk test:
24 hours, PA, PA silent, Fire, Tamper, Batt Fail, AC Fail, Assistance, Bell Fail, PSU Fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back