Honeywell G20 - keypad making loud tone!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Honeywell G20 alarm system. During the night when the system was part set, the keypad suddenly started emitting a loud singe tone. The internal & external sounders weren’t triggered. I stopped the tone by entering the code. Having looked at the log there are no faults or tampers registered - just the set & unset times.

I’d be really grateful if anyone has any ideas as to what caused it.

Many thanks in advance

Brittas!

Sponsored Links
Are keypad diags showing 100% in menu 61.1.2 ? It sounds like bus traffic corruption, but not enough to cause the keypad to drop and cause a tamper. Either that or the keypad has an issue and will need replacing. Do you have a speaker connected to the panel and did it sound?

Hi, sorry for late reply - I hadn’t seen your response until just now. In the meantime I had a bit of a think about what had happened during the night- when it wakes you up at 02.30 its all a bit of blur. In hindsight, I think the single tone it was making was the same as the exit tone and that got me thinking about the Reid switch for entry/exit and whether that had started to fail. I’ve replaced it yesterday with a new one - the old one has 2 x 1K ohm resistors and I’ve checked those and they are still showing very close to 1k ohm each. last night was on night set was fine so far so I’m wondering if that could have been it? Cheers Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back