Pyronix Homecontrol+ questions, self install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi looking for some advice with a few queries I have. I am self installing a pyronix homecontrol+ panel, 3 PIRs, 2 Door contacts, wireless Keypad, delta bell. I have installed a few wired system in the past so have a basic understanding of what I need. I have the system setup on a bench to configure and test.
Q1) when I set one of the areas, key in code, select A then countdown starts and panel emits a tone, is it possible to set the alarm immediately to save the tone from emitting for 20 secs. This will be annoying at night when kids in bed.
Q2) if I set all areas, then unset it by key in code, then the system disarms. If I only set Area A for example, then go to unset the unit, I key in code, it then asks which zones do I want to set? But I want to disarm the single zone set. If I set all other areas, then enter code number in again it will unset them all, but clearly I must be missing something.
Q3) when I enter engineering mode, I can open all the input devices without triggering the tamper. But if I open the bell box, it triggers the piezo in the bell unit which I assume is due tamper, is this known to anyone? Am I doing some thing wrong?

Your help will be much appreciated. My eardrums are about to explode with the constant alarm tones I have set off. Lol.

Sponsored Links
Sound like not set up right?
Q1 you could turn volume down in the programmimg or set to silent set for partset function,but you will get final bleep at end of exit time
Q2 master code will do all areas,user code an be use for different areas
Q3 all tamper are ignored on the devices when in engineering mode except the bell box that will ring when cover removed ,so that is correct.
What do you want the system to do ?
Area A could be whole system on
Area B could be nite set landing sensor off
Area C could be front door and back door on all other devices off
Area D could be garage on only
These are just different options you could use
Sounders volumes could be set for different setting functions

Thanks handymanjo, i will experiment with it tomorrow, but adjusting sounds per Area sounds like the perfect solution. Your suggestions are just about what i need to, all, night time(just doors) and garage only.
Re bellboy, so there is no way to open the bellboy without setting off the sounder? How do you access it then? Remove from system, then re-add?

Why do you need to open the bell box all the time? Not really an issue once installed surely??

Sponsored Links
At the moment I am setting it all up,on the bench. Then fitting to house later. But the battery does need changed every year or two, so opening sets of the sounder. Does closing silence it? I have only unplugged the sounder from the circuit board. Removed then learned from the unit again, I just would like to know if there is a proper way to save me crapping myself and falling off a ladder after it's fitted.

No the sounder is designed to alert if opened however the noise is brief if your removing the battery. So far I have found the batteries last much longer than 2 years. If the panel is in engineer mode then only the sounder goes off.

........................................................, I just would like to know if there is a proper way to save me crapping myself and falling off a ladder after it's fitted.
Are you a man or a wuss?. Ear ear defenders of some sort, those little yellow things you screw up and push into your ears work very well, used them for years, any Pound Shop, or similar, Homebase, B&Q etc.

Thanks all for your help so far. I have one last question. I still have it setup for bench testing, will be getting fitted end November in new house. Fine tuning the settings now. I have areas set as
A - full set, 3 pir and 2 door contacts.
B - night mode, 1 pir and 2 door contacts
C - external garage only, 1 pir
On exit mode I have A set to timed/final and B&C just set to timed. All works fine.
However, I would prefer A to be Final Door, then it only sets after the external door is opened and closed. This works for A, but I still have B&C set to timed. When I try to set them, it says please leave via exit route, and never sets. It is waiting for a final door, but there are no final doors on that? If I use timed/final it will set after I open and close the external house door.
Any advice will be appreciated, have I missed the obvious or is this a deficiency of the system if using final door on A?
Cheers

No this makes no sense. How long is the timer set for?

Hi musszzy, the exit timer is set for 20 secs. But when exit mode is final door on area A, the timer doesn't seem to matter. The alarm exit tone and message saying leave via exit route remains until the door is closed. On area B and C, which are set to timed, 20 secs, the alarm never sets. Says leave via exit route.
I agree it is not logical, so I suspect there is something in settings not right.
I will use timed/final on A. That does work as expected.
Cheers

I will try this on next install. Post update shortly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back