Pyronix Euro 46 APP vs Enforcer 32-WE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking to get a security system fitted. Found a reputable installer who seems fairly priced and happy to provide a complete 'no monthly costs' system.

He's suggesting a complete wireless setup with the Pyronix Enforcer (no HomeControl+).

We already have a wired sensor in the front door, wired bell box and keypad from a previous ADT install. It seems we can avoid the Enforcer hanging off the narrow hallway wall and stick it in the cellar where the old panel used to sit and use the old wires to fit a slimmer keypad.

That said I have been eyeing the Euro 46 which seems a more heavy duty, long lasting bit of kit. Besides the extra zones and areas I'm wondering if there's any other benefit to it over the Enforcer?

Finally is HomeControl+ a worthwhile and reliable feature - anyone with experience using it day to day?

Sponsored Links
don't usually fit the enforcer and haven't done the home control app, as for reasonable only you can decide that based on whats offered.

I haven't heard any having any issue with the homecontrol app, but its relatively new in the UK.

I'm an alarm newbie & going for the enforcer32 ctrl+ and currently getting all the kit together. I'd prefer the hard wired one but am to lazy so kinda doing a hybrid, this maybe a mistake but will update as and when I've finished.

Sponsored Links
I haven't heard any having any issue with the homecontrol app, but its relatively new in the UK.

Mine stopped working for around 6 months and during that time I could only control the panel remotely via sms. Came good all of a sudden. Mind you - I live in a area where 3G GPRS reception is poor and the Ethernet module was not out at the time when I installed my system. HomeControl+ subscription is free for first year then £12 a year.

I have all the manuals on hand if you want them Carlos or Dogbait, PM me and I will send you the links to the PDF's.

Very kind of you to offer eveares, but I managed to signup for an account at Pyronix. Super easy and I get access to all the manuals too.

One thing I'd love to get access to is the software or at least the firmware updates, changelog, etc. don't suppose you have access to that?

If your referring to the UDL software, no I don't have access to it officially. Have never needed it either. You may be able to find the software on 3rd party mirrors, but be careful on such sites.

See pages 35-38 of the programming Reference Manual to learn about the UDL software.

Thanks, looks like seriously fiddly and unintuitive software! Just had the Euro 46S APP panel fitted. Install went surprisingly well considering it was the installer's first install of the APP panel. Didn't have a single hiccup.

Firmware 2.11 in case that's useful to anyone. Pyronix's HomeControl+ app is a bit ugly, but solid - no crashes at least. All working via the DigiAir too which keeps things 100% wireless.

Anything against the Enforcer or just more wired jobs?

it doesn't have a wireless LCD keypad and the Agility 3 does. Wireless doesn't ricochet, Elite does.
hardwired the enforcer and the agility 3 is relatively limited but the elite panel isn't.

Pro's and cons for all systems, I opt for best fit, or customers spec, but sometimes the customer has to realise that the option they want isn't fantastic and we wouldn't fit it.

If the customer wanted the enforcer I wouldn't have an issue with that.

SecureIAm, how do you feel about 1 way systems. I personally would always want a 2 way system.

2 way is without a doubt the best way to go, what is a shame with the agility 3 is not everything is two way.

combined shock and contacts for example they have no 2 way option at present, so limits you a little, pretty much everything else has a 2-way option and the price difference isn't great either.

so you can get an agility 3 1 way or 2 way system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back