Pyronix Enforcer BT Smart Hub 2 and HomeControl app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
looking for some advice or fix to and ongoing problem I am having with my Pyronix Enforcer and being able to Use myHomeControl 2.0 app. Since I have switched from BT Homehub to BT Homehub 2 I am have real issues being able to access the alarm via the HomeControl 2.0 app. I get the can’t connect consistently and get error messages saying can’t connect to PyronixCloud check user name and password (both are correct as uses face recognition) or am asked to check internet connection. I have had the engineer who fitted look at it and he accessed various screens as well as talk direct to Pyronix technical. It seemed to show it was connected to the network but then the message changed and said something about polling to the cloud, this happened on several occasions . Technical suggested it maybe due to the location (it’s max 5 meters from the router and next to the fuse box) and so engineer has removed from wall and has added a lead so am able to move around the house and plug into see if this the issue. I have been doing this It had been fine for few days wherever I put it but now I’m having real issues connecting no matter where I move it to.
my thoughts are now leading to think it’s the BT homehub 2 and the alarm system trying to connect to the 5GHZ ,which I believe it can’t use, instead of staying on the 2.4GHZ. Before on my old BT homehub I could split the frequencies by calling them different names and connecting my devices including the alarm to whichever one i wanted, obviously connecting the alarm to the 2.4.
is there anyway I can force the Pyronix to stay on the 2.4 permanently or should it be doing this anyway and there is an update missing or fault with alarm system.
any help appreciate.
Cheers
si

Sponsored Links
The pyronix panel shouldn’t try to connect to the 5GHZ as it doesn’t support it ….have you tried totally down powering the alarm to reboot it ? Also how old is it ? WiFi onboard or on separate card inside the panel , I’ve had one do the same thing on the older version ( V10 ) separate WiFi card which was solved by fitting a new card …

Hi, thanks for getting back.
The WiFi card was mentioned and the installer has changed 2 of these now. Last time he came he replaced the battery in alarm also, so would have had to power down. We have had the alarm since 2019. I’m wondering if it’s a possible faulty unit, amd what kind of warranty I can expect to have?
Cheers
si

You should power it down to swap over the WiFi card ….warranty ….2years so well out …..was it ok until you swopped hubs ? If so have you tried a new hub as this could be the issue ..

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes it was a lot better before I changed hub, however no other issues on any other devices. Based on your experience would you expect the app to work at least 95% of the time when opening and trying to set alarm.

In all fairness if the installer has done all the things you say he has … and it was ok before the hub was swopped …it leads to one thing ….

Hi just checked smart set up Is off. I have contacted BT and they have ran remote diagnostics tests and suggest there is nothing wrong with smart hub 2. However still having same app to alarm connection issues today.

Could try a cheap 2.4ghz wifi access point off amazon or the likes with a different SSID to the router

I guess that could be a solution but still a short term one as ideally like to have it running direct from router. Seem to be going round in circles, and the only way to find out root cause is either issue with router or issue with alarm unit both of which I am struggling to get a replacement one.

Process of elimination. If you have had 2 new wifi cards and are able to move control panel closer to router, then next step would be to change router.
Have you still got old router as this didn't cause any issues temporary reconnect it.
Do you have option to turn 5GHZ off on the router,this could also prove any issues.
Are you using any power line adapters.

Hi just checked smart set up Is off. I have contacted BT and they have ran remote diagnostics tests and suggest there is nothing wrong with smart hub 2. However still having same app to alarm connection issues today.
I wouldn’t trust this one bit …. A few years we swopped from virgin to talk talk ….had no end of issues with my Texecom smart com , kept going offline in the night causing the panel to bleep …( this was hardwired direct to router ) they made 4 visits still the same …by this time could go back to virgin as a new customer , which we did and no issues at all …

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back