Honeywell Galaxy 2-12 Battery Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - first post here after alot of popping onto the forums to nick DIY tips!

We have a Galaxy 2-12 at work and it's been perfect so far - we cancelled our contract with ADT a couple of years ago after some problems with having an engineer out. Unfortunately the time has come that we need the alarm sorting!

The internal battery on the panel has given up the ghost so even though we can still set the alarm, we've had a couple of minor powercuts in the night and have ended up with the alarm going full tilt and the neighbours not been too impressed!

I'm happy to source and fit the battery myself, but don't have access to the engineer code. ADT obviously will not tell me it, they'll renew our contract or come out and fit a new one at a fairly whopping cost.

If anyone has any hints - if the battery swap is possible without the engineer code? Or if there is a way to reset the engineer code so that I can use the alarm without ADT's contract - that would be great.

Thanks,
George.

Sponsored Links
You may find that the system will require an engineer reset once you tamper the lid to replace the battery. You maybe left with an settable system if your code doesn't reset it

A decent brand 12V 7Ah battery is required. I've bought lots from the following. They used to be a couple of pounds cheaper, but still okay value when considering what it would cost to get someone out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NP7-12-12...563499?hash=item19e749eaab:g:vYAAAOxy06RRHOiX

Thanks - that's really handy to know.

You may find that the system will require an engineer reset once you tamper the lid to replace the battery. You maybe left with an settable system if your code doesn't reset it

This is my fear, ADT aren't willing to divulge the code so we're looking at having them come out to do the battery - an expensive fix and not ideal as we found them a total nightmare to deal with before.

Any other suggestions welcome! (Change out the whole box maybe?)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
If you don't want to mess with codes Etc. there is a quick work around with the G2. If you open the system and prepare to replace the battery and only connect the red(+) lead, then power off mains, re-connect mains, connect the battery black (-) lead and get the top cover on and top screw screwed home before the system boots, then the system will go back to day mode without any complaints. See my PM.

Thanks guys this is all incredibly helpful. Will pop out for a battery today and give it a pop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back