Galaxy G3 Reset Engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Galaxy G3 C520 system but the previous owners cancelled the contract when they left, and we're left with 'CALL ALARM CO QUOTE CODE XXXXX'.
Is there any engineer in the Leicester/Derby/Notts area who could set the thing so we don't have to subscribe to ADT to get a reset code?

Sponsored Links
If you have the engineer code, then this setting can be changed to stop the remote reset code request. You probably don't have that though, so the panel will likely need defaulted. If the systems zone and output count is high, then expect a hefty reprogramming charge from another installer - unless you lock yourself into a new maintenance contract with them, allowing them to recover said reprogramming charge +some over a few years.

I would also be aware that most adt residential alarms are fitted without a live bell box outside. The box on your outside wall with adt on it is probably a dud

Sponsored Links
G3 520? With a panel that size I'm guessing it's not a residential system? In any case you don't have to default the whole system. It can just be a case of defaulting the engineer code. A decent local installer should have the software/ and equipment to do this. I've done it plenty of times. ADT panels can be a bit tricker as they use their own firmware, but it's not impossible. Where abouts you based?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back