1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Honeywell galaxy flex, stop com error beep

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by M4TVW, 15 May 2019.

1. M4TVW

M4TVW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all

I have a galaxy flex system and it’s been great since we installed it. There is one thing bugging me though and that’s the error beep when we lose internet connection.
    I have the Ethernet module installed and it’s all working with the app etc but recently we have been having a few connection problems due to virgin working in the area. It always seems to go off in the middle of the night which wakes everyone up because the alarm starts beeping saying there is a fault +HB comm error or something.

Is there a way to turn off that beeping? I’ve been all through the menus but can not find anything.

Thanks
    Mat

2. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Here are my current recommended settings for SelfMon customers. Please ensure V3.50 firmware and minimum version 1.02 Ethernet module.

With the settings below, SelfMon takes care of the line path checking every hour and you can choose how you want notified of any issue.

If you use Honeywell's free push notifications, then you should at the very least set up a daily test, but it's easy to forget if the signal is missed.

56.3.3.6 - Line fail - Disabled
    51.90 - Comm’s Fault Suppression - Enabled
    56.3.3.7.1 - Ip Check Interval
    Set to 00:00 or a minimum of 00:30 for checks every 30 minutes.
    56.1.1.X.3.3.1 or 56.1.1.X.4.3.1 - Autotest - Set to 1hr interval or minimum of 00:30 for checks every 30 minutes.

3. M4TVW

M4TVW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi GalaxyGuy

Thank you for the reply. I'm currently using selfmon and it's been working fine for a few years.
    I bought my panel and ethernet module about 3-4 years ago and from memory it's running firmware 3.1. I'm not sure what version the ethernet module is running.
    Is it possible for me to upgrade the firmware of both? I'm pretty handy on computers so shouldn't be a problem if its possible for a end user to install.

Thanks
    Mat

4. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The panel can be updated using mini usb lead. The module requires a flash lead.

Email me at SelfMon if you want to update. Try the above settings to stop the errors you are seeing for now anyway.