Honeywell Galaxy Flex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm new here and in need of some help. I have recently had the above system installed by an engineer. Unfortunately he seems to be stumped on the following two issues. Could some one (Galaxy Guy?) please help in order for me to feed back instructions to my engineer.

1, The system is using data from the SIM card every two hours. I need this to stop.

2, The system is sending me text on average once a day "Fault Line Fail Com5". I need this to stop but want to know about other issues that may arise.

The above problems are costing me therefor desperate for help and advise.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the panel has been configured to talk to a non existent ARC. The panel will keep retrying and eventually give up. I can take a look at your settings if I can connect via IP. There are too many settings related to the GSM module to go over via mail/forum, so PM me.

I've inherited a Honeywell Galaxy Flex 50 in a house I've justed moved into. I've added another M8 keypad in a daisy chain configuration and it worked ok, albeit my modules went up from 4 to 6, which I don't understand. Then tried to add a tag to a user and this is where the problems started - the keypads would emit a high buzzing sound every few minutes and could only be silenced by using the tag. I tried to assign the tags to the keypads in menu 42. After this the keypads just emitted the high pitched sound, and I cannot enter engineering mode. Totally at a loss. I have disconnected the power to the keypads to stop the noise. Contacted Honeywell who told me to phone an engineer. Any ideas anyone??

The keypad is two devices in one - keypad & MAX (prox) reader. That's why two devices were added.

When you say a high pitched buzzing, do you mean a constant tone ? What do the keypad displays show when this happens ? It sounds like you have an issue with your wiring, or the new keypad you added has an issue where it's bringing down the bus.

Sponsored Links
Right, I see. I will remove the second keypad and see what happens. Strange thing it was all ok until I tried to assign a tag for a user to a keypad. Once I've tried the above I'll get back to you, thanks.

You didn't answer my questions above. It could be that you have not assigned the tags correctly and by swiping many times, you are locking out the keypads. In lockout, the keypad does not respond to keypresses. There are too many possible causes and not enough information provided in order to diagnose your issue.

Do the keypads start responding to keypresses again after a few minutes ? If they do, go into the logs and see if there's any hint of the reason for no response. From what you say, it does sound like the tags haven't been programmed properly.

Also, how did you register the tags? Did you use the '1' and 'A' key pressed together in order to read the tag code, or did you add the number on the fob ? If you added the number and it's a black flat tag, then that will not work and you need to scan the tag to populate the field.

Sorry for the lack of info.
To add the tag, I modified the user and typed in the number in the 'Card No' field. I thought that was it so exited the menu and tried the tag. Did not work. I then did the '1' and 'A' thing which populated the field. Tried the tag again but same. I then realised I had to enter other fields to make it work. I entered the MAX function field (I think I put Timed Set but not sure). I then tried the MAX keypad field, and I think this is where I got into trouble as I could not see how you assigned both keypads. When I came out of the menus and tried the tag, it didn't work. The keypad then started to beep after a minute or two - the only way I could stop it was holding the offending tag up to the reader. The beeping then became a constant tone on both keypads. So I'm guessing I locked the keypads out, as you say.
The good news is that after powering up the keypads again, all seems ok. The display immediately reported
"+ Missing Key 10"
"+ Missing Max 11"
"+ Missing Key 11"
"+ Missing Max 10"

Everything seems to be ok and the user I was trying to modify seems to be OK, and minus the references to tags.
So, panic over for the time being. I'm not sure I understand the steps needed to add a tag and I certainly did not understand how to navigate the MAX Keypad screen. Perhaps you could enlighten me. And it is a black, flat tag.

I'm exceptionally grateful for you input. Please don't go far from your PC as I think I have more heartache to come before I get to grips with this alarm!

The user can be limited to a keypad and if you want to limit to more than one, then groups are required. For domestic installations, you probably didn't need to touch that setting, as leaving 42.1.8 as ** allows the user to access all keypads. You did need to set the tag link 42.1.7 and set to Timed Set.

Using the number on the black tags does not work for the keyprox. The etched number is for when using a MAX 3/4 reader, which is a door access reader (yes it's confusing). So, to use the flat black tags, you need to use the auto read feature as you've found out.

Probably best to keep away from any other MAX functions, as they're mostly for access control. Just keep to the ones I mentioned above in the modify user menu.

I'm back again.

Honeywell Flex 50 - how do you program a night-set? The manual tells me to go into the zones menu 52 to submenu 05. The manual states that there should be a sub-menu here - 01 for part-set and 02 for night set - I see '01 part set' which is enabled but how do I get to the night-set option?

Regards

Enter 52
Enter at zone number
Enter 05 [05 PART] and hit enter again and the zone will show at the top [ 1001 Part ]
The display should now show [1 PART SET]and if you select A or 2 it will show [2 Night Set]. Press enter to see if it's enabled or disabled.

Good morning Galaxyguy,

Following your instructions, I go into 05=Part and press enter.
The screen then gives me two lines:-

1001 Part
1=Enabled

A and B at this point toggle the Enabled/Disbled attribute, 'Enter' takes me back to the '05=Part'

It doesn't give a submenu of Part and Night.

Confused.......

Can I double check your panel and firmware version ? Use 'Display -> System' at the keypad.

The Flex V1 doesn't support night set only part set. The Flex V3 introduced it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back