Honeywell Galaxy Permanantly active siren trigger?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just wired up a external sounder to my Honeywell galaxy system,

And it seems that the siren trigger output is constantly on! Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Small possibility the output polarity is set wrong, assuming it's not one of the smaller galaxy panels.

So.... which galaxy is it? Usually says on the front of the endstation box.

As always a guessing game, but a SCB will work on a G2 and a Classic the same.

Bet he says its a Mk7........................

Hi, it's the Galaxy G2-20 system, for now I've just got the strobe & bell working off of the strobe connection and it seems to work, only problem being that I can't set the strobe on its own for set confirmation without ****ing off the neighbours!

Thanks!

Try metering the bell trigger terminal. The trigger wire should normally be at around 13 volts, dropping to 0v when it's activated. You could set the programmable output (lower left side of the PCB) to bells and connect into there for now to seperate your bell and strobe.

Thanks everyone for you're replys!

To address Scott, is the programmable one the one called trig and something like 1001 or something and is underneath the internal sounder output?

If so how is it that it is programmed for bell use?

Regards

So it was wired incorrectly then. Nothing to do with SAB/SCB.

was it ? read the post he had to use another output programmed for bell

Yes it was wired incorrectly.
You know nothing about Galaxy and little about others.
The panel is set to defaults for "bells" and "strobe". But you can invert, pulse and play with minor "links" with it.

But out of the box it has a bells and separate strobe output all labelled.
I can send you a manual if you wish.
I also assisted in re-writing the G3/GD520 manuals in a small way.
Feel free to ask about anything Cooper/Honeywell/Castle products.
Then add access control , CCTV and fire, automation and IP/GSM/Biometrics.
Physical security and the automation of such.

I may get the odd question wrong, but I will research it and provide the answer rather than guessing.

I cannot assist on cheap DIY equipment, as it is not suitable for the needs of my clients. so do feel free to assist on my shortcomings there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back