Honeywell Galaxy2 disable bell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with my old alarm system. Intially i got very low annoying noise from the outdoor bell but the following day it was on full blast.

This went on for hrs until i had to disconnect mains and panel batterly after around 20-30 mins the bell stopped.

I tried connecting main power and battery but same issue again, the outdoor bell just doesnt want to stop.

Any ideas what could be wrong? In mean time as i use my alrm frequency is it possible to remove this bell, atleast i can still get a phone alert if there are issues.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Water in bell box or corroded tamper switch / bell box pcb water damaged
OK so how do i remove this from the system for now until i get someone to look into it or resolve it.

I have engineer codes if that helps in any way. If i remove wiring from PCB will it solve the alrm being on all time.

I would remove the + and the - at the control panel and put a link from - to tamper return ….but that bell is probably ok from the picture , i have see them with a burn resistor on the bellbox pcb before !

I am looking to give this a try again. At present i have disabled the power and removed the battery to stop the alarm.

It seems the tamper on the bell box is acviated, i have the engineer code, is there a way to disable this tamper so i can confirm if things are working OK now?

You was told 7 days ago ….
Hello

Maybe I was not clear on what I was looking to do. Basically I was thinking of re-connecting power to the alarm system again to see if I still have the same issue.

If this bell still goes off does it mean there is an issue somewhere or is it a case of resetting the bell trigger or alarm somewhere?

If this looks like an issue then I can get an engineer to help replace bell, but just want to confirm whether this is something I can reset myself before looking for an engineer.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back