Premier Elite 24 add new sensor without bell ringing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm adding some additional sensors to my alarm system. As expected, when I remove mains from the panel then disconnect the battery, the bell rings. I can disable the bell from ringing by setting an internal jumper on the bell temporarily, but, this involves going up a ladder and the associated faff.

Maybe I'm just being lazy, but, is it possible to add a sensor without setting a jumper in the bell and without triggering the bell?

Thanks,
Phil

Sponsored Links
depends on which bell you have as to how you can put it into engineers hold off.

Hi,

It's a Reson8 Bell Box. I'm setting the "battery off" jumper to prevent the bell from sounding.

I'm powering the control panel down so I can wire in additional sensors. Is it ok to wire in sensors with the control panel powered up?

Sponsored Links
I'd rather short the pcb than fall off a ladder, so I'll add them live, albeit carefully.

Thanks for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back