Honeywell IS312 with Veritas EXCEL panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a veritas excel system with Honeywell IS312 pet immune PIR’s as we have a cat. All wired up and working in CCL mode but the pir’s don’t detect much movement when the pet immune feature is enabled. So I was doing a walk test and a couple of the pir’s would hardly detect anything (I’ve installed 5 pir’s) but if I turn the pet feature off via jumper, all worked well. Is there something I’m missing or do I have a couple of faulty pir’s?

Sponsored Links
are they installed correctly, don't use this detector but often pet immune detectors require to be fitted at a certain height as the cut off anything below a certain height.

bosch blueline pet sensors seem to be most favourable.

I phoned Honeywell support and another post on this site also confirmed that you cannot have both the look down and the pet immune feature enabled at the same time! something to do with the area the PIR monitors and when in pet immune mode the floor area nearer to the ground is sort of ignored so to speak. I will check each PIR this weekend and disable the look down and see how that goes.

Sponsored Links
99% of the time something doesn't work because its not installed properly.

like I say pet pirs cut off anything below a certain height, beware of the snow whites crew.

so I've disabled the look down and the pir's are working better but I'm not 100% convinced! I could be moving around the rooms randomly and after a while with the led come and sense me.

Are all pet immune PIR's like this or is it that I've just brought the wrong type/brand?

Some are ....some are not . That's why I would go with the optex RX40PT pick up seems same as a normal pir no lazy areas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back