Honeywell MS921 won't go into programme mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to bind a replacement 921 thermostat to an existing receiver. The receiver LED flashes as it supposed to do, but pressing (together) the up and down arrows, with the left arrow (after switching the stat to "Off") has no effect.

(Edit: When I say "Programme Mode" in the title, I don't mean Time/Temp/date programming)

I tried to factory reset the stat by holding down the i button and left and right arrows, again to no effect. It just ignores me!

The stat came from a working system so I have no reason to doubt it is functioning.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Another mistake. In the title it should say CMS921

You have to clear any stored data, did you follow number 1 ?

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your prompt response Picasso. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I did with the relay box, but the second set of instructions, 4 & 5, differ to what I was led to believe. I'll go back to the instal and have another go.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Nope. Tried exactly as described by Picasso and the thermostat does nothing. I had to re-bind the old stat (reason for changing - most of the digits are "out", a common problem apparently) and this method worked first time, (I could just about make out the word "Binding").

Is there a way to "Factory Reset" it?

TIA again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back