New Salus wireless stat won't work in Auto mode :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve replaced my Danfoss wall stat with a Salus wireless unit. I got the RT310RF pack, which contains the RT310TX stat/transmitter and RXRT510 receiver, already paired apparently.

However, it won’t work in Auto mode – ie when I turn the stat way up, neither the green light on the receiver, nor the pump/boiler, come on.

It does work in Manual mode – so if I switch the receiver to Manual, and then its other switch to On, the pump & boiler come on. So I guess my wiring’s OK – not much to it anyway, just Live, Neutral, Common (jumpered to Live), and Switched.

Any ideas please? I suppose I could go and try pairing it, but am reluctant for two reasons: (1) the instructions are incomprehensible; (2) they do say when it’s successfully paired, the red LED will be on… and it is.

Right now, I’ve put it in an unheated room (about 16o), very close to the receiver (like 6’ through a single door) and set the stat to 25o – but nothing.

Thanks…

Sponsored Links
Sorry... sorry... got impatient, figured out the instructions for pairing, and did it - now seems to be working fine. So much for it being paired out of the box...

Panic over - but I'll be back :evil:

Roger465, good evening

Had a similar Salus issue with a RT510TX, agree the instructions are less than helpful, difficult to programme the on / off times Etc.

I faffed about with it, got some better information on YouTube, but still not great, problems I found were trying to set up start and stop timings and like you the Auto would not work, I did end up pairing the two units, seems to take a long time even with the two units within a meter of each other ?

After pairing it does work in auto, almost as if it needs to be paired after any alteration to the room sender stat??

Have not used the search function on this site to see if there is any other information on the Salus?

Ken

Hi Ken - sorry, replies crossed over - thanks for your input. Now my unit isn't programmable - I have a separate control for all that stuff already. This is literally just to switch the boiler on and off when I'm in my living room.

My pairing seemed to happen pretty much instantaneously, once I actually did it :confused:

I did a fairly quick search earlier, but didn't find anything relevant.

Will report back if any further issues!

Cheers
Roger

Sponsored Links
OK… this works pretty well, generally. However one slight problem – the temperature (as displayed on the stat) seems to have to go at least ½ a degree above or below the set temperature for the stat to switch the heating on or off.

And/or there seems to be a long time interval between the stat registering a drop or rise above the set temp before anything happens…

So I set it at 21, which seems comfortable. It had to fall to 20.5, and stay there for quite some time (haven't measured how long as yet) before the boiler comes on; and now it’s been sitting at 21.5 for quite a while, and as I write, the boiler has just gone off.

I confess to not knowing a lot about boilers etc – I can’t quite understand the attached extract from the instructions – is this relevant to my problem please? I mean, it may be working as it should – just seems a bit strange.

span.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back