Honeywell ST6400C - keeps turning off immediately

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an oil fired boiler with the honeywell st6400c controller

When I press the extra hour button to get just a hour of heat in evening it turns on then immediately off again, if I keep pressing it, eventually it will stay on

Any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
Replace your faulty programmer.
didn't know the controller was the cause, hence me asking!

So I assume you think that is the cause? it is 2 channel and the hot water program works fine, so could just 1 of the channels fail like that?

Any tips on replacement would be handy

I have the same problem in which the 6400C cannot switch on the heating but controls the hot water perfectly.

I am planning to replace it with an ST9400C. I understand the 9400 fits on to the same wiring backplate. Is there anything I should look out for in the replacement?

Sponsored Links
hi nickpat

I replaced mine with the st9400c too - and it works really well now - just remember to make note of any "engineers" settings on the old controller - so yout can set the new controller the same - things such as cycle rate etc

And yes it does fit onto same back plate, just two screws, clip old one off and put new one on - put screws back and it works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back