honeywell ST6400S key code to disable the service timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be extremely grateful if somebody could send me the key code to disable the service countdown feature on a honeywell ST6400S programmer.

We currently have no hot water or heating as the programmer has shut itself down. I have phoned honeywell and they will not give me the code as i am not on the gas safe register.

My email is ********** i appreciate that those in the know will not want to publish the info on the forum.

many thanks, colin

Sponsored Links
May be worth your checking the user instructions which are available on-line. They suggest you may be able to get hot water and / or heating by pressing the override ("extra hour") buttons, but only for an hour at a time.

If you are in rented accommodation (which these are designed for), your landlord should get it sorted out for you via a GSR engineer - and a a boiler service.

Checked manual and online, absolutely nothing with regard to the key code to disable it. No override option either.
Phoned installer and was told the engineer who did the last service has left company and he should not have enabled the service countdown as it is not a rental property and that they are not responsible for obtaining the code to pass on to me.
I have phoned other gas engineers and have been told that i have to find out the code myself before it can be serviced or replace the programmer, quotes to replace have been £250-300. (what a nice little earner that is i wonder how many people have been conned into doing that)
Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Sponsored Links
I gather from the leaflet that it fits on a standard Honeywell backplate. I have never fitted this model of programmer and am not a heating engineer, but I have fitted other programmers, and would have thought a new Honeywell programmer, such as an ST9400, without the service interval feature could be plugged onto the backplate without great difficulty, perhaps you could have it swapped during the next service at some extra cost. Presumably the last service was at least a year ago. I believe a new programer costs in the region of £50-£60

Changing the programmer does not involve opening the boiler case or touching any gas parts, so does not require a Gas Safe installer, but a gas installer/heating engineer will be much more familiar with doing the job. Some electricians often do the wiring work for heating companies so would also be familiar with it.

Are you in a rented home?

Checked manual and online, absolutely nothing with regard to the key code to disable it. No override option either.
Phoned installer and was told the engineer who did the last service has left company and he should not have enabled the service countdown as it is not a rental property and that they are not responsible for obtaining the code to pass on to me.
I have phoned other gas engineers and have been told that i have to find out the code myself before it can be serviced or replace the programmer, quotes to replace have been £250-300. (what a nice little earner that is i wonder how many people have been conned into doing that)
Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Reads like some RGI's are trying to rip you off, I know of several that have set the code so you have to call them back.

With the St9400 if the RGI changed the pin number, you are screwed, in which case I suggest you take out a small claims against them, if they refuse to disable the parameter. The above numbers seem a good place to start £250-300 quid plus costs. You could add no htg or hot water and call it £3k. That should get them interested.

The programmer is around a £100.00 and would take approx 5mins to get the kit out and change the front. then you need to adjust the times which the owner can do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back