Honeywell st699 to Hive activ - conventional boiler. Cant get heating to switch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Wondering if someone can help me please. So I swapped our my honeywell st699 for a hive activ system so I can control my heating and hot water through my phone

So I have one issue since I have joined it all up

I looked up the wiring and went like this
Honeywell L - Hive L
Honeywell N - Hive N
Honeywell 3 - Hive 4
Honeywell 6 - Hive 3
2 not used
Honeywell 7 - Hive 1

I have conventional boiler with a tank in one of the cupboards
Hot water runs fine and switches the boiler on, however everything I try turning on the heating by it self, it doesn't work.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where I've wrong.

My old honeywell system did have a thermostat which I have removed but haven't done anything with the wires. Do they need to be linked up or something for it to work?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20231002_174336.jpg
    20231002_174336.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 65
  • 20231002_190204.jpg
    20231002_190204.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20231002_200433.jpg
    20231002_200433.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20231002_200449.jpg
    20231002_200449.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
My old honeywell system did have a thermostat which I have removed but haven't done anything with the wires. Do they need to be linked up or something for it to work?

Thanks
Yep, that’s exactly it, you’ve broken the circuit. Join the red and yellow wires of the thermostat to complete it again and Hive will take over.

On your old stat
1 is Live when ST699 is in the on time period.
If the stat setting is higher than room temp, 3 becomes live to fire the boiler.

I am DIY but have a ST699 and did have a similar stat to you.
Red to yellow should get it working.
Pattress with a blanking plate to make it safe. Don't bury in the wall :)

I believe you can bypass the stat in your wiring centre but outside my knowledge.

Hi
Thanks for this, yes I will make it safe. I just joined red and yellow. Heating works for 1 sec now and then switches off.
I'm tried turning it on and off from mains but cant seem to get it to stay on. I've set the temperature higher than the room. Even tried highest setting

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks for this, yes I will make it safe. I just joined red and yellow. Heating works for 1 sec now and then switches off.
I'm tried turning it on and off from mains but cant seem to get it to stay on. I've set the temperature higher than the room. Even tried highest setting
Why do you have a wire in terminal 2 on the Hive? Think it should be in terminal 1 (hot water off).

Also, depending on how you’re doing it, safely terminate Earth and Neutral in old thermostat

Why do you have a wire in terminal 2 on the Hive? Think it should be in terminal 1 (hot water off).
Hi
Thank you, this has fixed it but now got a different issue.
My heating is now on even with hot water

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi
Thank you, this has fixed it but now got a different issue.
My heating is now on even with hot water
Probably coincidence, but sounds like your 3 port mid position valve has failed in mid position, or it’s still a wiring issue. Do you know if the hot water isn’t being heated when the heating is on too? To check, with the system cold, place a demand for heating only and feel the pipe leading into the cylinder, of it gets hot, it’s stuck in mid position.

All working now, not sure what the fault was but seems like switching it off for 10 min has cured the problem haha.
They are both working separately now

Thanks for all your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back