Honeywell ST9100A 1 day timer 1 channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please confirm whether the ST9001A only controls the hot water or does it also control the central heating (or is it capable of controlling both but can optionally be wired up to control either one)?

I am doing a preliminary investigation of some issues with my system
(unvented cylinder and system boiler). The boiler's hot water pipe splits into 3, supplying CH. HW and u/f heating (each of these controlled by a motorised valve).

I have seen the CH come on when turning the ST9001A on and also seen it working when the ST9001A is off, so am well confused!

The user guide only states it provides 'timing control for your central heating system', which suggests CH and HW, but then why would CH turn on when timer is off?

Sponsored Links
This programmer controls only one part of the ch system.

Starting with everything off, and pipework cold, turn the programmer on, and see which of the 3 branches from your boiler starts heating up. You then know what it controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back