HONEYWELL V4043 2-PORT MV:

Yes, I think you're right doitall, no self-respecting plumber would put his name to this one. I'm fairly sure the old dears who used to live here retained a handyman who was a jack of all trades but master of none, as evidenced by the plumbing and electrics.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate, didn't realise you were still on-line, when do you sleep??!!

Sleep when I feel like it or have something on the next day, get up when I wake up. :LOL:

No point in continuing when the trolls about.

Thought (as I said to you earlier) if I could push them down (about 3 or 4mm) and they sprang back then they weren't stuck. Is that correct? - or does pin sometimes not fully return? Not sure on the normal range of movement, presumably not very much??

Sponsored Links
Hm, it's all very strange, isn't it.

A fully pumped system, which must have water in the F&E because that's been thoroughly checked, and with no blockage in the cold feed because that's been thoroughly checked, and with no air lock above the pump because that's been thoroughly checked, and with completely clean system water because that's been thoroughly checked, and a fully working pump because that's been thoroughly checked, and the boiler is producing heat, and yet that danged hot water just doesn't want to get pumped around anywhere.

There's no possible explanation for it not working, given that everything has been so thoroughly checked. It's a mystical and mysterious mystery. It's almost as though the pump just isn't pumping, but that's just crazy talk.

Best check the wiring of the MZV, and the programmer, then fiddle with some TRV pins. Oh, and check the age of the boiler and the availability of parts - that'll get the water circulating again.

If you push them down you should be able to hear the water noise change.

3-4mm of travel is about right, but the valve may have stuck, which is why I said wd40 and bounce a small hammer lightly on the pin, and I mean lightly, not a wack.

I knew you could do it Goldberg if you put your mind to it! Others doubted you but not me!!

Now I really am off to my cave.

If I had a pump, I'd pump in the morning.
I'd pump in the evening, all over this land.
I'd pump out danger.
I'd pump out a warning.
I'd pump out water between my boiler and my radiators,
All over this land.

haha goldberg is a joker. hey goldberg do you fancy sinking a few shandys down the local? i sure do. In the mean time, perhaps check the pump just to keep goldberg happy, and we can skip off into the sunset together...

nicky.

It can't be the circulating pump - how you could even think it? :eek:

It's been so thoroughly checked out, along with all of the other commonplace causes of pumped water apparently not circulating around a fully pumped system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back