HONEYWELL V4043 2-PORT MV:

Sponsored Links
If they do, it must be under the floorboards on 1st floor or ground. Is the pipe with the MV the flow pipe??

If they do, it must be under the floorboards on 1st floor or ground. Is the pipe with the MV the flow pipe??

Coming from the ceiling it should be open vent, cold feed, pump, MV. all on the same pipe.

It's possible the cold feed and vent has been wrongly left connected to the boiler when it was badly converted.

Converted? Not sure it has been?? If davebgas is right about age of boiler, it's been this arrangement for over 20 years. Certainly in the 9 years I've been here, only change has been the programmer and a replacement pump. System has worked fairly satisfactorily all that time.

Sponsored Links
System has worked fairly satisfactorily all that time.
Except for the slow cylinder reheat, and the failed pump.

So what's that bowl looking like? Or will it take you another hour or so to find out?

Converted? Not sure it has been?? If davebgas is right about age of boiler, it's been this arrangement for over 20 years. Certainly in the 9 years I've been here, only change has been the programmer and a replacement pump. System has worked fairly satisfactorily all that time.

No plumber would install it like it is :rolleyes: the ballofix valve on the by-pass is a good clue.

Presumably Goldberg you fitted an everlasting pump on your own system?? Haven't seen one constructive comment or useful piece of info from you as yet other than advising me the cylinder reheat IS slow - which was not such a startling deduction.

Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that.

Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions.

What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort.

What does seco services look like?

Goldberg is knackered unless Jeeves can tell him the answer... just ignore Gollum

What does seco services look like?

or_d06fe493-833b-4c1a-b7e4-85b371e7.gif

Maybe you guys know Goldberg far better? - but I'm still half-expecting him to suddenly focus his laser-beam logic and pierce straight to the heart of the problem.

I've been totally up-front throughout this and tried all suggestions - I know I've inherited a poor system that is far from ideal but people on this site have said before that single MV systems were quite common and usually done for cheapness (yet the 2 old dears that used to live here were quite well-off?). Davebgas' info on boiler suggests it's well overdue for replacement and, if I do that, there's other changes obviously needed.

But it seems to me if I have a working boiler & pump and an MV that seems to be opening, in a system that was recently functioning, that only leaves air-locks and TRVs as possible sources of the problem. That's why I was so interested in comments on dealing with stuck TRVs (but deterred by chance of pulling out the pin - still don't know if it can be put back or you have to then replace the TRV??). I'd never hear the last of it from Goldberg if I "fiddled" with those pins and had a mishap!

You make sure you don't pull them right out, it isn't difficult with a small pr of pliers.

And yes they push back in, if you don't drop it through the floor boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back