Honeywell wireless saying its 40 degrees in here!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CM900 is saying that my room in 40 degrees! Therefore my heating isnt coming on, brrrrr!! What can i do? I've tried changing the batteries already without effect.

Thank you!! xxxx

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is it smoking :eek:

Suggest you phone Honeywell if no-one knows the answer.

Do post what they say for future reference please.

Honeywell say ring the installer. That was warmfront, over 3 years ago, so out of warranty. I guess i need a new one. Not what i need just before xmas. Is there any way to over ride it, so that i can just turn the boiler on and off??

Thank yoooooo xxx

3.3 Communications Loss
If the RF communication is lost for a period of 1 hour the red LED will illuminate to indicate that no RF messages have been received during the last hour.
The Relay Box will also enter the failsafe mode as selected in Installer Mode (see section 4.2 BDR91 Relay Box Fail-Safe Mode Setup). To allow manual control of the Relay Box output manual override is available in fail-safe mode. When RF communication is restored the Relay Box will automatically return to normal operation.
You can now use the USER GUIDE supplied with the room thermostat to demonstrate how it works to the home owner.

Also it tells you if it communicating with receiver as receiver lights, if it doesn't reconnect it with receiver.

Honeywell say ring the installer. That was warmfront, over 3 years ago, so out of warranty. I guess i need a new one. Not what i need just before xmas. Is there any way to over ride it, so that i can just turn the boiler on and off??

Thank yoooooo xxx

That is totally unacceptable.

Leave it with me an email is on the way to Honeywell. :eek:

Thanks peter the plumber and Doitall!!

The transmission box on the wall by the boiler has no lights on it at the mo unless i press the grey button. This overrides and turns the boiler on for about 5 minutes. But i dont want to be doing this all evening! :(

I dont think its a communication issue, i think the thermostat is broken :(

Dilemma now is buy one immediately at plumb centre for £172 for the same model, or buy it on ebay for £80 ish but have to wait for delivery!

Don't do anything just yet, and plumbnation is probably the cheapest outlet anyway.

Open up the BDR and link A to B, it will over-ride the stat, so you'll need to control the heating on/off manually, via the boiler stat.

Don't do anything just yet, and plumbnation is probably the cheapest outlet anyway.

Open up the BDR and link A to B, it will over-ride the stat, so you'll need to control the heating on/off manually, via the boiler stat.

Will this be live when you open it?
Turn power off

i've just looked onder the cover over the boiler, with the power off, (ideal logic combi), and there are no other buttons. It just the dials on the front.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back