Hoover H120M Banging on spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a Hoover H120M that is making a proper racket on the spin and there is a slight burning smell coming from what I think is the front of the drum. The concrete block is securely in place, the springs are both attached properly and the shocks at the bottom are in place. The drum does look as if it is sitting maybe a centimetre too low, and you can see it swinging from side to side as it build up the spin. The machine is level and does not rock on the ground. It has also today decided to just stop during the wash cycle, the door locked light stays on, and if I switch it off and on it will continue the cycle. I suspect it has been regularly overloaded, but am loathed to replace the machine as we can barely afford a basic recon. Is this something that is fixable by a fairly competent person, albeit unable to actually diagnose the problem?

Thankyou

David

Sponsored Links
Does the inner drum lift up or got play in it. If so drum bearing / support gone.

I can move the inner drum around with my hand, it seems fairly loose. I assumes it needed that play in it. Thanks, I will look up how to replace the bearing :)

Is it rough when u spin by hand puck up inner drum the silver bit by 2 fingers if there's play in it bearings got. Before u buy them make sure the old ones come out otherwise new drum needed.

Sponsored Links
No it's not rough when I turn it by hand, it feels quite smooth. The play is in that I can lift the drum from the back by quite a few inches. To be honest if it's the bearings I might just buy a recon as it looks like I could really mess things up with the water seals etc. I think the whole drum and the large plastic part the drum sits in is shaking around but as I say the springs seem fine as does the concrete weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back