Hoover Nextra 7.5kg W'machine wont spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have a Hoover HNF 6167 washing machine which wont spin, have had a look in the back but can see nothing obvious, and have cleaned out the circular trap at the bottom, but all it does when any cycle is chosen is hum gently and water starts to fill the drum, can any one help it was only out of guarantee in September -Typical!!

Many Thanks
Michele :cry:

I've 3 little kids and the washing is piling up already!

Sponsored Links
Hi Michele,

I was wondering if you discovered the problem with your washing machine.

I have the same one and am having exactly the same problem.

I would be grateful for any advice,

Many thanks, Tracy.

Michele's 3 small children are probably all at university by now...she only posted once & that was over 3 years ago.
No-spin problems often boil down to worn motor brushes. How long motor brushes last depend on several factors...age, amount of use, heavy loading etc. If you can give us more information we may be able to help resolve the problem.

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where the machine was washing the clothes, but when it came to the spin cycle it would stop.
I had to set the machine to spin a further 3 or 4 times before the clothes were spun properly.

Now none of my settings are working, the machine made a clicking noise and filled up with water then stopped.

My machine has had quite a lot of use, as I have 2 children. It's about 3 years old.

Thanks for any further advice you can give me.
Tracy.

Sponsored Links
There is a good chance the motor brushes are worn & need changing. Typical symptoms of worn brushes are intermittent spin problems which rapidly progress to no-spin at all...then no-wash & sudden death. You need to pull the plug, take off the back cover & remove the motor. You can look at a typical "how to" here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CImLdp8seo These are the brushes you will need if yours are badly worn http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...107/0/0/898716/washing-machine-carbon-br.html Good luck...post again on the same thread if you need further information :D

Hi there I have a Hoover nextra washer we have had the same problem as you if you go on espares you can watch how to replace the brushes I have never done this before and it took me about an hour to do some off that time was going to the spares shop for the brushes cost me 16 pounds good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back