Hoover Logic 1000 (A3670) not spinning / rinsing properly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After much investigation, I have narrowed this down to the pressure switch / chamber; I can get the machine to spin if I remove the hose from the pressure switch, so it would seem to indicate a blocked chamber.

I have tried washing program A (90 degree) with a cupful of Soda Crystals to clear the blockage as suggested elsewhere, but this has not fixed the problem. The pump appears to empty the machine and I only get 2-3 pints out if I take the discharge hose off the back.

If I remove the pressure hose from the pressure switch end and then blow down the tube, it is obstructed. Should I be able to blow down it freely, or is there a diaphragm somewhere? I have watched the chamber during a wash and cannot see any water in it, so I guess it is only a matter of time before I suffer an overfill :(.

The pressure chamber itself has a yellow hose going up to the pressure switch at the upper end and a short, black hose going into the back of the drum at right angles at the other. I cannot see this part on any of the spares sites, so would like to remove the existing and refurbish it (if I can).

Any help and guidance / instructions greatly appreciated.

Richard

---
Edit:
Just searched eSpares again and found this part, which looks correct. Just need to get the rest of the bits which connect it to the drum.
Still grateful for any gotchas I should watch out for :)

Sponsored Links
You should ensure that when you remove the hose from the pressure switch that the hose is clear all the way back to to the drum including the small chamber at the rear of the drum. The chamber and hose can be readily removed and blown/ flushed through.

If the pipe is not clear the increase or decrease in pressure will not activate the pressure switch. If you are able to blow through a pipe into the switch gently yiou will hear it click a couple of times as you increase the pressure and a couple of times as you decrease the pressue. You should ensure that the pipe and the chamber are not cracked by removing them and blowing through them with your finger over one end to keep the pressure up.

As far as I know the machine should not spin until the water has emptied out of the machine. If the pump is not clearing the water quickly enough then the height of the remaining water will not activate the switch allowing the machine to enter the spin cycle.

Check the discharge pipe from the bottom of the tub to the pump and also look inside the pump to make sure there are no obstructions there such as a sock or someting that has worked its way down between the inner and outer drum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back