Hoover nextra washing machine, leaking from bottom right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I'm no washing machine expert but ready to give this repair a go... I've check obvious blockages in filter and so far from what I've read it's looking like the pump is broken!

basically it leaks about 15mins in to cycle. not when gradually leaking water towards right side from bottom.

Is there any chance it could be anything else before i take it outside and tip it up?

any advice appreciated

thanks in advance

sam

Sponsored Links
You need to take the lid and back panel off and run it whilst shining a torch and looking for wet areas / drips. You can also try sliding a sheet of newspaper under it to see if it actually starts leaking earlier in the wash than you think. I think it very unlikely for the pump itself to cause a leak but the filter cap can certainly leak. It might even be a hole in the door seal dripping onto the base of the machine and running to the corner where it drips onto the floor.

So far so good, lid and back off

Looks quite clean from above and no obvious signs of leaking.

Do I need to take the washing machine up so I can see it underneath?

Bear in mind that at the moment I don't know where the pump is! :)

Thanks
Sam

Ok, so the big bad washing machine seems a little tamer now.

Found all essential from back, can see the big black waste pipe goof to pump where filter is on front. Can't see anything that would or has been leaking on right side.

So the next plan is to run the machine with everything hanging out? Obviously putting filter and tray back.

Any particular cycle would **** less water over floor?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sam

Sponsored Links
95 will give less water. Just put paper underneath to see where it drops from. Rinse prog will give more water and a good chance of a leak.

Oh things don't look good, on the back to the right hand side of the belt going to the main wheel, there is a circle with three tiny holes. water is ****ing out of the right most hole. Really flowing out. Not sure what those holes are, overflow? Bit bad as the water trickles pretty much over the motor!

As you predicted pump and hoses etc are clean and appear to be ok.

Does anyone know what the hole is?

Many thanks

Sam

If it's just a screw hole you could screw in a short self tapping screw with a rubber washer, a tap washer might be OK.

spoken to hoover this morning,

their only option is to send engineer out for £119 - which will be free if deemed to be an manufacturing fault.

it is isn't it? i.e. not caused by wear and tear / use etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back