Hoover tumble NFC connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just bought the HooverHLEC8LGB-80 8kg condensor dryer. It's in place and ready to use. Tried connecting via NFC using the hoover wizard app but no joy.
App asks for QR code - does not find with a scan. Added the serial number in and it asks for purchase date. Done. App says wifi should be on 2.4 mode only - no idea why as this is meant to be using NFC. My wifi is set to both bands.

Anyway, I then go to 'synch' it. Choose one touch and place phone near that logo. Nothing happened first few attempts, then it finally beeped the 4th time and said it was doing something. Then it didn't. Back to main menu to sync.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
App says wifi should be on 2.4 mode only - no idea why as this is meant to be using NFC. My wifi is set to both bands.
Just to try and satisfy it, can you rename the SSID of the bands?
Some 2.4GHz devices struggle to connect to a WiFi network where both bands share the same SSID.
With some other devices, the phone has to be on the same network as the device, temporarily turning off mobile data may help.

Choose one touch and place phone near that logo.
Whether it is just my phone that's fussy, but with some NFC devices, I have to place the phones NFC coil directly over and touching the logo, for it to scan.

it's not advertised as a wifi dryer, so this warning about using 2.4 band was strange. There's also no wifi config option at all, so it must be a buggy UI in their app or for other wifi models
Yeah my phone was touching the device for NFC. Didnt work on my Pixel but did on the wife's galaxy. In a nutshell, she's able to basically choose and start a cycle from phone after connected, but that's it!! no notification to say done or anything like that. Completely pointless, given you have to be so close to the dryer for NFC anyway

Sponsored Links
Pointless using wifi from a phone in my opinion because you have to be by the dryer to put the clothes in!
Then you simply turn a switch to select the programme and press a button to go.
Far too many things can go wrong when you need apps to operate them in my opinion.

Pointless using wifi from a phone in my opinion because you have to be by the dryer to put the clothes in!
Far too many things can go wrong when you need apps to operate them in my opinion.
the only pro for it would be letting you know when a cycle is finished, water needs emptying etc. Our wifi signal is strong from the garage, so no issues there. I agree though, no need for it really. NFC doesnt seem fit for purpose though given the range

Can the dryer be operated by buttons on the dryer or is control via the app the only option,. ?

If control via the app is the only option ( no controls on the dryer ) then it is possible that the manufacturer has chosen to reduce the manufacturing cost by eliminating the cost of supplying and fitting control buttons.

Last edited:
Can the dryer be operated by buttons on the dryer or is control via the app the only option,. ?

If control via the app is the only option ( no controls on the dryer ) then it is possible that the manufacturer has chosen to reduce the manufacturing cost by eliminating the cost of supplying and fitting control buttons.
No, thankfully there are buttons. Hence why we're scratching our heads when thinking about how useful wifi/nfc is

Our Hoover condenser was pain to set up. The NFC did stuff all.

I had to set it up over Wifi in the hoover app. The first couple of times failed. I might be wrong, but I think it was only when I replied to the activation email from Hoover that it worked.

My dishwasher has wifi, complete waste of time and technology. Must increase the price to manufacture.

NFC is 13.56MHz and is a peer to peer communication protocol, not a data communication protocol.
NFC on phones can be as reader and as tag, you need to configure which it is going to be for the application.
The tag in this respect will simply take you to a URL

NFC is 13.56MHz and is a peer to peer communication protocol, not a data communication protocol.
NFC on phones can be as reader and as tag, you need to configure which it is going to be for the application.
The tag in this respect will simply take you to a URL
Yup so I'm kinda lost on why they would use this on a tumble dryer

Fair point, but it doesn't mean it can't be used to communicate data.
Small medical devices, such as CGM use NFC - in such small devices, battery optimisation is key.
Although, Bluetooth low energy is now being steadily adopted.
Yup so I'm kinda lost on why they would use this on a tumble dryer
It's cheap, quick to connect and turns your tumble dryer into a 'Smart' tumble dryer £££ :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back