Texecom Elite 48 - Smartcom not connect to Cloud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the recent firmware upgrade, I now have a problem connecting the Smartcom back up again.
Ive tried all sorts:
the guidence is to disable Arc1 protocol - reset Smartcom pressing reset 5 times until the lights flash, then keeping my finger on the reset until the WIFI light starts to flash. Connect the WIFI back up again. Re-enable the Arc1 protocol - generate the app code ?

I've done the above several times once i've got the cloud light solid once, then generated the code and in between time its started flashing again!

Ive run a ethernet cable to a switch and to the interface on the firewall (PFsense allows all the traffic out from the LANs as Texecom say they are outbound connections, but none the less ive also put rules in place for the ports)
tried to connect it this way but with the same result.

done the guidance above and then using my mobile as a hot stop to connect the Smartcom and still had the same results - a flashing cloud light that doesn't go solid. this was left for about 5 minutes.

Any ideas? :)

Sponsored Links
Well what was the panel flashed from and to?
Was the smart com disconnected (all comports should be disconnected when using the flasher module) when you flashed up?

can you generate an app code from the panel and if not what is the error message

what is the ARC programming for connect and has the udl passcode be put back in the panel?

Hi there please find the answers below

Well what was the panel flashed from and to? from 5.2 TO 5.4.1 (the panel was a replacement panel) so came on 5.2

Was the smart com disconnected (all comports should be disconnected when using the flasher module) when you flashed up? - yep the panel was on the floor on its own, If you remember the flash failed initially and you told me to reflash despite it looking dead :)

can you generate an app code from the panel and if not what is the error message - yep no error messages appear when generating the app code and its using the arc that was supposed to be assigned to it arc1

what is the ARC programming for connect and has the udl passcode be put back in the panel? once i do the reset it sticks the loopback in arc1 in the primary number once i've pulled it from the panel into Wintex i can see it there.
i disable the arc1 protocol as i said above and send that to the panel or alternatively disable option 7 then disable it in the panel ive done it both ways.

Im disconnecting wintex from the panel before resetting.

I'm connecting to the panel with wintex and so the UDL is correct and ive checked the UDL is there

upload_2020-12-2_20-35-2.png

upload_2020-12-2_20-35-59.png

picture of the smart com and the cbles connected to the board, ie 4 wire to com1 and 2 wire to com 2 based on wiring and using udl on com 3?

Sponsored Links
sorry.

the panel is a replacement panel and previous panel connect with smart com the GUID codes wont match, if you have an iOs device it might be able to update the Apps GUID and connect to the panel

Last edited:
That's right the panel is a replacement.
I've removed the app and reinstalled it?
It's an Android phone I'm using.

I sent the new guid to support I presume they need to sort it?

if you have removed the app then you jut need to set up new site after generating a app code first on the panel

Last edited:
so the panel is fine you can generate an app code, so whats happening when you use the app to setup?

Okay.

DNS can use DNS servers of google 8.8.8.8

The panel was a version 5.02 and upgraded to 5.04.01? so should be okay on the 127.0.0.251 in arc although

what version is the smart com?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back