Texecom Elite 48 - Smartcom not connect to Cloud

This has now been resolved.

Think Nigel can give an update on the current status.

It appears to stem behind a TCS registration and the same email address being used for the V2 user account and the TCS account not being approved.

Unfortunately TCS account are not being allocated to end users and looks like Texecom are doing checks in this regard.

If you have registered for a TCS account and are not an installer and the account is left in limbo (unapproved or declined), it will need to be deleted by Texecom in order for you to use the same email address on the V2 app without issue, or indeed the V2 beta app.

Believe the OP is using V1 now without the TCS account interference issue.

V2 is in beta and is not recommended for a working alarm system, ie should be bench testing only rather then for your home security at least until the official launch.

Sponsored Links
What a journey and thanks to Wayne for helping find out what was happening in TCS.
The original issue was that when trying to connect the app using the app code - the app code was accepted, but then it just failed (blinking cloud light on Smartcom) and trying to log into the app i got error server cannot be reach or similar.
This was using V1 of the app.

I had started registering for a Texecom Cloud Services(TCS) account (somewhere along the line) and because i'm a self installer I realised half way through i couldn't have it so didn't bother going any further so was in limbo.

So here is me thinking I will sort it out and spending eons of time, looking at WIFI - firewall - as no real messages was indicating what actually it was, but after using a mobile and a lan cable to circumvent the firewall i sort of knew it couldn't be anything my end and after a zillion resets of Smartcom and re-enabling the WIFI which i can now do in my sleep :)

Texecom had to delete/reset/remove my email association from TCS. Then V1 of the app started working yayyyy! - I have actually merged it to V2 and part of the process was to upgrade Smartcom and so that happened once I installed V2 (beta) and it merged my details over.

So all good again and all calm :) thanks for Wayne's help and time for all he did :)

V2 beta doesn't work properly and should not be used for a live system, you have been warned.

The issue was the TCS email registration email

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back