Hoover vacuum cleaner not sucking! help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there, can anyone help me, plse..? i have an upright Hoover 2000w vacuum cleaner that won't pick up. ..if i take the hose out and use that with an attachment it works perfect, but put it back into the base and nothing! i have cleaned the brush roll, all is fine there, bag's clean and empty, filter is good. i can''t afford to 'get a man in'. ive got 3 rescue dogs and a cat,, so you can imagine the hair.. anyone..? tku in anticipation, chrissy x

Sponsored Links
Is the belt still attached to the brush roll.

If you remove the sole plate you should see a channel for the dust to get sucked up into the bag area this can get blocked (sometimes it is a flexi pipe) preventing the suction from working on the brush roll but it will still work with the tool attachments.

Is the belt still attached to the brush roll.

If you remove the sole plate you should see a channel for the dust to get sucked up into the bag area this can get blocked (sometimes it is a flexi pipe) preventing the suction from working on the brush roll but it will still work with the tool attachments.
hi Leccy. what and where is the sole plate? im not much good at all this, but willing to learn. tku.

The sole plate is the piece underneath the base section that holds the brush roll in place and is usually held in place by a couple of screws or lock tabs.
If your hoover is the type that the tool hose plugs into the head of, then check where it plugs in as that part is connected to the brush roll area by a channel for the dust and dirt. It gets blocked up at times.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I found this site by google while looking for a possible solution, I'm in the same shoes like you. My Hoover WindTunnel is producing the same symptoms. I'm quite desperate because I liked this vacuum cleaner, would be good if it would be just some easy fix, unfortunately it wasnt what Leccy said, so if anyone has any other advice please dont hold it inside :) Thanks in advance!

It will almost certainly be a blockage somewhere so it is just a case of dismantling things or poking things until you find it. The poking can be done with something flexible like a bit of electrical wire. If you bend the end of the wire into a loop and wrap it with tape you will get a blunt end that won't damage the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back