Hoover vhd844db washing machine

thanks for that .....
however ...would it be possible that the water heater /thermister may be the problem too ?

Sponsored Links
I think you can safely rule out a sensor issue. Occasionally a heater element (with a poor I.R value) can cause misleading symptoms. But my money is on faulty PCB. Did you inspect the board & wiring?

yes i have inspected it.....nothing out of place and all wires traced and checked for continuity.....

Sponsored Links
HOOVER opt E08 COMMENT FAULT!!!!!
It seems a very common problem with hoover washing m/c only getting 18 months out off this m/c!! I have checked the following:

brushes fine
motor fine
blockages none

control module not fine!!!! blown at small transformer !!! this pcb board was covered in flux (un washed) and had contamination all over the solder joints !! worst build of a circuit board I have ever seen not even a class 1 build!! shocking for the price off hoover m/c! changed and replaced this board and yippee it worked for a whole 8 washes luck me!! till it stopped working and I defo don't have the time to be at it again cheaking the wiring!! now off to buy a new m/c off a more rateable manufacture!!
oh!! currys giving you £200 DISCOUNT WITH TRADE IN yip ill trade in my old m/c and buy another one not!!! don't buy this m/c if you do! start saving for another one quickly as its going to cost you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back