Hoover WA110 / Performa 1100 - Dryer thermostat trips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a fairly old Hoover WA110 washer/dryer which has minimal use.
The problem is that the thermostat on top of the heater box keeps tripping after about 15 minutes of the dryer being on.
I have tried: cleaning out the condenser, checked the fan is turning, and swapped the 2 thermostats over. It's always the front one that goes. I do think it is getting too hot as even the glass door gets too hot to touch.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The original manual reset TOC thermostats on your model were rated at 172 degrees C. Problems with random tripping later prompted Hoover to recommend retrofitting 182C TOC's as a workaround. As long as the system is clear of lint etc & everything functions as it should; I would either A: contact Hoover to verify what I have just mentioned, or B: just pop out & buy 2 new 182C TOC's & fit them yourself. The part number for the new thermostats is 41024208 http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washing-machines/p/1085/0/0/0/670708/washing-machine-thermosta.html
BTW a good washer & separate tumble dryer always a better alternative than a washer/dryer. Hell...even a good washer & a separate clothes-line is a better alternative :D

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't realise they got so hot! Anyway I'll give that a go, it's not so bad with this weather, I live in a flat so I don't have the space or the washing line!

The safety thermostats monitor heat within the heater chamber itself, the rest of the machine does not see the same temperature. Washer/dryers were a great idea on paper & a lot of manufacturers joined the race to be best. But unfortunately they just don't function well enough. Perhaps in time the bugs will get ironed out, who knows.

Sponsored Links
Got the new thermostats as recommended and they seem to have done the trick! Thanks a lot for your help, it has been much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back