Hoover WA110 Dryer Problem Help Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if you can help me with a problem on the drying cycle on my Hoover WA110. The dryer appears to be functioning correctly in that the drum is cycling and the heater and pump are working, but the clothes are coming out hot and damp. The closest way that I can describe it to you is that when you open the door after operating the dryer the effect is like a sauna with steam pouring out of the opening. Any ideas greatly
appreciated.

Sponsored Links
its only a guess but it sounds like there is no waterrunning in the condensor, check the grey outlet pipe and see does any water come out on drying cycle.

may also be condensor blocked

Hi breezer, thanks for the reply. I have digested your suggestions. I believe that there is water being sent down the grey outlet pipe as every now and again the drain gurgles where it's attached to the underneath of my sink. I am intrigued with the condensor being blocked and would be eager to learn if you have any idea on how to go about unblocking it as it does look like there could be stuff stopping the efficiency of the dryer. I am only a mere female who is not terribly mechanically minded but have exhausted two plumbers who have been stumped after taking me for loads of pounds I can ill afford.

Sponsored Links
i used to reapir hp appliance for a living, cleaning the condensor is a pain, to be honest i would get an applaince reoppair engineer in, as you have to take m/c apart.

a better idea would be to get new m/c since you will be spending more money, and it may be a dicky fan as well.

i would suggest dont get a w/d dryer next time, by design, they are worse.
i apreciate i do not know your financial situation, but as i said w/d are not good, get a decent w/m and a t/d or do as we do, put in w/m then leave on clothes horse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back